This is the weekend that Missouri and Texas A&M have been looking forward to for a while now. The two former Big 12 schools will welcome SEC competition in their respective conference debuts, with Missouri hosting SEC East favorite Georgia and Texas A&M playing host to the Florida Gators. Will the grand debuts be full of happy memories for the SEC's newest members, with Georgia and Florida both entering the week ranked in the top 25 polls? We think there is more than a decent chance that is possible.
But who else will on high alert in week two? Let's find out!
New Upset Alert videos will be posted every Thursday throughout the college football season, but you can get an exclusive sneak peek by liking us on Facebook. A short teaser will be shared on Facebook every Wednesday (except for this week, we slacked on that this time and we'll just blame the holiday weekend for the off-line schedule).
How did we do last week?
Upset Alert Week 1 picks and results (teams on upset alert in bold)
We Told You So
- Penn State 14, Ohio 24 - Things started off well for Penn State, but in the end they could not keep the good vibes going at home. Hey, we told you to watch out for Ohio!
We Weren't That Crazy
- South Carolina 17, Vanderbilt 14 - Gamecocks needed to rally in second half to escape with victory and avoid road upset.
- Florida 27, Bowling Green 14 - It wasn't pretty but the Gators figured out a way to slip away from their visitors form the MAC at home.
- Virginia Tech 20, Georgia Tech 17 (OT) - Hokies needed to force overtime for home win.
We Underestimated You
- Notre Dame 50, Navy 10 - You got us Notre Dame. Very well done. Now do it again against Purdue.
Kevin McGuire is the national college football writer for Examiner.com and host of the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast and managing editor of Nittany Lions Den. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.