CLICK HERE to download.
With the 2013 season now here (there are games this week!) we are fortunate to have a few minutes with one of the top college football analysts in the business. ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit -- who will be covering Clemson vs. Georgia this weekend -- talks about the excitement of starting a new season and looks to some of the themes for the upcoming year. But we begin with a somewhat unceremonious changing of the guard with the podcast, with former managing editor and host Allen Kenney handing things off to new Kevin McGuire for the upcoming season. Don't worry though, Allen is still going to be a part of the CBR mix moving forward.
Allen and Kevin discuss the upcoming games for the opening weekend:
* South Carolina vs. North Carolina and how UNC could put on a better than expected show
* Alabama vs. Virginia Tech and how we're already writing off the Hokies
* LSU vs. TCU and whether or not the Horned Frogs will have enough to give Les Miles and company a run
* Boise State vs. Washington and the importance for both programs to get the win
* And more
Among the topics discussed between Kevin and Kirk:
* What Kirk Herbstreit does in the offseason and when he flips the page to the new season
* Top threats to snap the SEC's string of BCS titles, and whether or not the biggest threat lies within the conference
* The explosiveness of talent in the Georgia vs. Clemson match-up
* The Allstate Ultimate Road Trip Sweepstakes (details below)
The Allstate Ultimate Road Trip Sweepstakes
As you will hear in the podcast, Herbstreit is helping to get the word out about the Allstate ultimate Roadtrip Sweepstakes, which is going to send one lucky fan and three friends to the 2014 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans and then take them out to Pasadena, California for the 2014 BCS Championship Game, hanging out with Herbstreit along the way. The winner will also get a brand new 2014 Buick Enclave. To enter this contest just go to AllstateCFB.com.
Many thanks to the folks at Allstate for setting us up with a brief interview with Herbstreit.