Last week was not a good week to be a Heisman Trophy candidate. Johnny Manziel came into the week in second place on our ballots but his Aggies lost to LSU by 24. Bryce Petty and Marcus Mariota were tied for third and both of their teams got blown out. That leaves Jameis Winston sitting a top the poll all alone. Or does it? With Winston's potential legal issues pending, how would that effect his standing in the poll? Let's take a look at how the voting played out this week.....
What you'll see each week in the Bloguin Heisman Poll:
* The top total vote getters and quotes from bloggers in support of their candidate
* A list of all players receiving votes
* Poll notes that look at some interesting facts, figures and trends of the poll
* The BHP Roll Call of voters, the links to their respective blogs and twitter accounts
Without any further adieu, the Bloguin Heisman Poll...
1) Jameis Winston (QB- FSU)- 23 points, 38.33% of votes, 7 first place votes
Last Week BHP Ranking: #1
Last Week: 14 of 25 for 225 yds with 4 TD and 0 INT
Season: 199 of 286 for 3,163 yds passing (69.6% completions) with 32 TD and 7 INT, 126 yds rushing, 3 rushing TD
This Week: at Florida (4-7)
* I know it's an unpopular opinion right now, but until, or if charges come down, I have to keep him at the top. If the legal system presumes innocence until guilt is proven, Heisman voters should too.
- Aaron Torres, Crystal Ball Run and Aaron Torres Sports
* In a week where almost every contender chose to pull out of the race with a dreadful performance, Winston cruised against Idaho. He had no chance at gaining ground this week, but he has still yet to have a bad game all season...not even close. There isn't another contender (from a BCS Conference) who can say that. If FSU runs the table, and the sexual assualt charges are dropped, Winston will win the Heisman.
- Josh Parcell, Crystal Ball Run
* Because no charges have been filed against Winston to this point, I see no reason to knock him off my ballot, let alone the top spot. That could easily change in the next week or so depending on what happens off the field, but for know he is firmly on top of my ballot.
- Kevin McGuire, Crystal Ball Run