1. Michael Carter-Williams made just 3-17 (17.6%) shots. He missed all five of his 3s, and was just 7-15 (46.6%) from the line. It was a career high in both shot and free throw attempts.
2. MCW wasn't the only one cold from the arc. Syracuse made only 2-12 (16.7%) for the game. It was their worst 3-pt% in a game since a 1-15 effort against Louisville last year.
3. After a fantastic junior season, Temple's Khalif Wyatt has struggled with his efficiency this season. But after this game, he might be back to his old self. Wyatt scored a career high 33 points off of 15 shots, and was a perfect 15-15 from the line. He was also critical in breaking the Syracuse press.
4. Temple had 15 assists on 23 made baskets. Remarkably, the 65% assist rate is barely above their season average of 61%. Temple is 49th nationally in assist rate. Syracuse is even better at 41st nationally, but only had assists on 10 of 29 baskets. The 34.5% assist rate for Syracuse was their lowest of the season.
5. Temple won 83-79 in a 72 possession game. It was just the 2nd time this season that a team has scored greater than a point per possession vs Syracuse. This was only the 4th time in two season that the Orange have given up 1.15 per possession or greater.