1. Pierre Jordan, otherwise known as Chris Singleton's best friend, spent three years at FSU. Taking advantage of the two-year-old transfer rules that allow graduates to transfer without sitting out, Jordan and FSU parted ways amicably and Pierre enrolled at Georgia Tech where he is now a graduate student. Unfortunately, for FSU, the story didn't end there. Pierre Jordan's father is a high profile AAU coach who happened to coach FSU's #1 recruiting target, 5* 6'10 center Robert Carter. Carter, a long time FSU lean, ended up committing to play for the Yellow Jackets. So it goes. In the game Jordan played 11 minutes, grabbing 3 rebounds.
2. This was a 69 possession game. Georgia Tech turned the ball over 24 times, which was 34.8% of their trips. The Seminole defense is 45th nationally at forcing turnovers, and 16th in steal %. On the night the Noles recorded 14 steals.
3. With the victory Florida State moves to 6-1 in the ACC and are winners of 6 straight. This is the best start in their 20 year ACC history. Only one before (1993) have the Seminoles won 6 straight ACC games. They've never won 7 straight. Next up are the Virginia Cavaliers.
4. Michael Snaer continued his impressive run, finishing with 21 points and 5 steals. Over three games he's averaging 17.6 points and has made 53% of his 2s, 79% of his 3s and 80% of his FTs. He's also averaging 2.7 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 2 steals. During those three games his 3-pt% for the season has gone from 34.1% to 40.6%.
5. For the night FSU shot 8-17 (47.1%) from beyond the arc, and are now shooting 42% in conference play which leads the ACC. Georgia Tech (37.4%) is 2nd, and is the only other team shooting at least 34% from deep. It's been four years since the Seminoles shot better than 34% in conference. In 2007 FSU led the ACC by shooting 39.9%.
@RunTheFloor also, any idea what the team may do with the two extra slots that seem unaccounted for on next season's squad?
@RunTheFloor did you ever link to last night's game story?
@TheHyperCritic took night off due to recruiting
@RunTheFloor first game in six weeks I've been unable to watch or listen. I was counting on you to make me a smarter fan...
@RunTheFloor loved it. I was being sarcastic -- I don't actually believe you're obligated to write stories when I ask (aka I'm not insane)
@TheHyperCritic and I'll be doing a film breakdown of FSUs defense
@TheHyperCritic I linked an 'Inside the Boxscore' from TN