1. With the win Kansas is 12-3 in Big 12 conference play, and tied with Kansas State. The Jayhawks are 2-0 vs K-State however. If nothing changes KU will win their 9th consecutive Big 12 regular season title.
2. For just the 2nd time this year, Jayhawk center Jeff Withey failed to record a single blocked shot. Withey is 3rd nationally with 3.8 blocks per game.
3. While Elijah Johnson was involved in a very controversial play which sent the game to overtime, don't let that overshadow his huge performance. Entering the game he had scored in double figures in 11 of 27 games. Versus Iowa State he scored 39. He made 7-12 2s, 6-10 3s, and all 7 of his FTs.
4. Iowa State turned the ball over just 8 times, which was 9.8% of their possessions. It was the 4th time this year they've been under 10%, and this was just the 2nd time this season a Kansas opponent turned the ball over on less than 10% of their possessions.
5. I did not know that it was possible to play 45 minutes of basketball, score 96 points, and have none of them come on fast breaks. Now I know.