1. Clemson made 15-53 (28%) shots on the night. The two teams combined to miss their first 16 shots of the game. In all, Clemson shot 12% in the first half, and their eFG% for the game was 29.2%. The last time Clemson shot this poorly was on January 18, 2006, vs. Miami. In that game, Cliff Hammonds, Vernon Hamilton, and Shawan Robinson combined to make 4-28 shots.
2. Three days ago Quinn Cook was 0-11 shooting vs Wake Forest. Tonight he made 9-11 2s and 3-5 3s on his way to a career high 27 points.
3. Mason Plumlee had a game to forget, beginning with six turnovers (tying his season high). He also made just 3-9 shots from the field, and was 2-4 from the line.
4. Duke shot 72% in the 2nd half to salvage what could have been an epically poor shooting night. In the first half Duke made just 6-22 2s and 3-9 3s.
5. Duke won 68-40 in a 61 possession game. The 0.66 scored per possession by Clemson was Duke's second best defensive effort of the year (after Cornell). Clemson's previous low this year on offense was 0.73 scored at Coastal Carolina.