1. James Michael McAdoo is UNC's leading scorer, and today he was right at his average with 14. But he made just 5-11 shots (all 2s) and has now made fewer than 50% of his shots in seven straight games.
2. P.J. Hairston, another UNC player who has struggled with his shot, was lights out vs Florida State. He was 5-5 on 2s, and 4-9 on 3s, scoring a career high 23 points.
3. UNC had 19 offensive rebounds. Their offensive rebound % was 59.4% (!) which was their highest of the year. It was the 12th highest OR% vs any Division I team this year in all of college basketball (out of roughly 3,000 games). UNC hasn't done that well on the offensive glass since grabbing 61% of their misses against Gardner Webb in November, 1996. No FSU team has allowed that level of offensive rebounding since at least 1999, which is when tempo free data became available.
4. Terry Whisnant made 4-7 3s to tie his career mark for 3s in a game. He's now shooting 44% from beyond the arc this season, and has averaged 10.2 points per game since being benched three minutes into the Charlotte game.
5. FSU committed just 10 turnovers. It was the fourth time in six games that FSU has kept their turnovers below 20% after exceeding that number in eight of their first ten games.