1. With the loss Virginia falls to 10-7 and no longer control their destiny for a 1st round bye in the ACC. For that to happen they have to beat Maryland and then have FSU beat NC State. If UVA beats Maryland, then FSU finishes with the 6-seed regardless of what happens vs NC State. If that happens FSU and Duke would be the only two teams to finish in the top half of the conference every season over the past five years.
2. Virginia grabbed 15 offensive boards, which were 43% of the available rebounds on that end of the floor. FSU's opponents have averaged 37.1% in ACC play, which is the highest in the conference. The 2nd worst team is Duke at 33%.
3. Michael Snaer has now beaten Virginia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Duke on last second shots. On the night he passed Dave Cowens for 10th place all time in scoring for the Seminoles, and now needs 11 points for 1,500 in his career.
4. Since Kiel Turpin was removed from the starting lineup he's averaged 19.6 minutes a game. As a starter he averaged 14.5 minutes per game. He took his 2nd most shot attempts of the year (8) vs Virginia and was in double-digit scoring (11) for just the 3rd time this season.
5. FSU won 53-51 in a 53 possession game. It was the fewest possessions in an FSU game since Leonard Hamilton took over a decade ago. FSU also became the 9th team this season to score at least a point per possession vs the Cavaliers.