As per usual, there was quite a lot of action on the first day of free agency. But there are plenty of very talented dudes left unsigned as Day 2 gets underway. Here are the top 15 players still on the market...
1. Sebastian Vollmer (OT, Patriots): New England didn't get much work done with its free agents on Tuesday, and we heard nothing on the Vollmer front.
2. Jake Long (OT, Dolphins): Then again, maybe it's just taking longer for the tackle market to evolve. Health questions still surround Long, who might only be a passed physical away from signing with the Rams.
3. Wes Welker (WR, Patriots): Or maybe it is a New England thing. Welker's chances of re-signing with the Pats went from hot to cold on a few separate occasions Tuesday.
4. Andre Smith (OT, Bengals): No, wait, it is a tackle thing. Especially when you consider that Eric Winston also remains on the market. Wonder if character concerns are hurting Smith, which is something SI's Peter King suggested earlier in the month.
5. Michael Bennett (DE, Buccaneers): Tampa's chasing guys left and right, which means Bennett's chances of sticking around are dropping. The 27-year-old had nine sacks and three forced fumbles in 2012.
6. Dashon Goldson (S, 49ers): Everyone believes he's the top safety on the market, so he might take some visits. Starting out in Tampa, with the cap-rich Bucs.
7. Kenny Phillips (S, Giants): If he can stay healthy, he's the best safety on the market. Problem is that hasn't been the case two of the last four years.
8. Sean Smith (CB, Dolphins): He might be asking for too much, especially considering how deep the cornerback market remains.
9. Cliff Avril (DE, Lions): Oh boy, another addition to the Colts' revamped roster?
10. Chris Houston (CB, Lions): Another victim of the deep corner pool.
11. Keenan Lewis (CB, Steelers): And another one. Lewis doesn't have the name but was Pittsburgh's best cover man last year.
12. Danny Amendola (WR, Rams): The pass-catching machine apparently has it down to two teams.
13. Aqib Talib (CB, Patriots): Another unsigned Patriot. But have I mentioned that cornerbacks aren't selling high right now?
14. Greg Jennings (WR, Packers): I'm not close to as high on him as others in the media seem to be. Declining fast, but he still sneaks onto this list.
15. Brandon Moore (G, Jets): Same with him, actually. Hard to put a soon-to-be-33-year-old guard on this list but Moore is capable of doing some big things.
And no Nnamdi Asomugha is not on the list. In fact, I'd sooner go with Antoine Winfield. Lots of corners out there....